7/09/2011

ART OF DESIGNING

Designing is an amazing art. There is no limit of what you can do. 

I especially enjoy the creation process - from scratch to end product.
I love to felt with anything that's just pop in my head, right before that special moment / feeling is gone!

Since the very beginning of my FELTasticFashion projects, I have countless ideas.
I love to get inspirations anywhere, anytime. But I always try to make it unique & OOAK.

However, the only thing I want more is TIME. I have to do things slowly.
After I put my kids to bed, I usually have 2-3 hours to design, to felt, to upload photos & to update any news.
Thus, multitasking is very important as I want to make sure I'm having a balanced & happy life.

For the past 8 months, I have designed my own felted creations,
as well as business card & package, website, ETSY shop, Facebook & of course this blog.
I love to keep track what I have accomplished throughout the creation process.
I love to DIY too, because I know I will put in 100% effort into everything I create.

*****

  With my very first upcoming craft show, I have started to work on the felted necklace display.
I want them easily accessible & they can be tried on & let's customers to feel my love for felting!


Here's my 5-minute DIY - converting nails & a wooden tray into a neat display:

  I also decide to use the clothing rack & add a few bungee cords & Christmas lights & clips onto it.
The mini Christmas light bulbs will also act as hangers for more necklaces.
Et Voila!  The portable display stand for the craft show!


(The logo sign, which will be hanged in the front, is due to be completed soon! Still 98 days to go!)


After I hanged out all the felted necklaces I made during the past 8 months,
I was quite surprised that I have done so many! 
(& I didn't count my felted cakes yet!)


Everyday when my little girl returns home from daycare, 
she will point at the necklaces & call out names for each of them.
It's such a graceful & satisfied feeling when you see your kids are happy!

Happiness is so priceless!


*****


Will my tag line work for you?

                                     I               Felt It!
                                 I / You        Love It!
                                   You    Treasure It!

No comments:

Post a Comment